Are you looking for fun road trip questions for couples? Embarking on a road trip with your significant other can be an exciting and romantic adventure. But after a few hours on the road, you might be starting to go a little stir-crazy!
This is where having a list of conversation starters for couples can come in handy! We’ve compiled a list of more than 100 couple road trip questions to help keep the conversation flowing.
From silly hypothetical scenarios to deep and meaningful questions, these prompts will inspire you and your partner to connect, share, and learn more about each other. So buckle up and get the conversation started!
Road Trip Questions For Couples
Playing conversation games, trivia games and asking one another meaningful questions are one of the ways we like to keep ourselves entertained during those long stretches of road!
Not only do these road trip games help pass the time on long car rides, but they also give an opportunity for meaningful conversations that you might not have otherwise had.
Check out these car ride questions for couples to get the conversation flowing:
How Well Do You Know Each Other Questions
Whether you’ve been together for a long time or have only recently started dating, these questions to ask on a road trip are all about getting to know each other. You might think you know your partner really well, but some of their answers might surprise you, so let’s put your knowledge to the test:
- What is my favourite season of the year?
- What TV show have I watched more than any other?
- What is my favourite scenery?
- If I could be anywhere in the world, where would I be?
- What is my favourite outdoor adventure?
- What is my favourite indoor activity?
- Who is my favourite person?
- What is my favourite item of clothing?
- What is my favourite cuisine?
- What was my first job?
- What is your favourite genre of music?
- Who is my favourite band?
- What was my first car?
- How tall am I?
- What is my pet hate?
- What foods will I not eat?
- What would be my perfect Saturday night?
- What place is top of my bucket list to visit?
- Who was my first kiss?
- What am I scared of?
Your Relationship Questions
These couples’ road trip questions are all about your relationship and encourage you to both share some of the deeper feelings you have about one another. Sometimes you will be surprised by what your partner’s initial impressions were or the things they value most in your relationship that you didn’t even realise!
- What was your first impression of me?
- When did you know you loved me?
- What is your favourite thing about me?
- If you could change anything about me, what would it be?
- What do you see for our future?
- What is your favourite quality about me?
- What inside joke of ours is your favourite?
- Who would you pick as our ‘porch couple’? (How I Met Your Mother reference)
- What is something you’ve always wanted to tell me?
- What is your favourite thing about our relationship?
General Relationship Questions
These general relationship questions are a fun way to explore what your partner does and does not like in a relationship, without it being specifically related to your own relationship. A little less deep and meaningful but still a great way to learn about what is important to your spouse!
- What was your worst date ever?
- Would you rather stay in or go out for date night?
- What is the most important quality for you in a relationship?
- What advice would you give someone in a new relationship?
- What is the biggest step in your eyes – buying a house, having kids or getting married?
- What is the best quality activity for couples?
- What was your best date ever?
- Would you rather spend a day together in the city, beach or bush?
- What is your favourite way to receive affection from me?
- What do you fear the most in our relationship?
Deep & Meaningful Road Trip Questions For Couples
These deep and meaningful questions are great road trip questions for married couples who might have been going through the day-to-day motions for a while. They can help you reconnect with your partner and remind you of their values and interests.
- What are the 2 most important values for you?
- What are 3 things you are grateful for today?
- If you could change anything in your past, what would it be?
- Do you believe in a higher being/afterlife? Why?
- If you could change anything in history, what would it be?
- What is the best piece of advice you’ve been given?
- What do you feel needs to change in your life right now for you to be truly happy?
- If you could go back and tell your younger self something, what would it be?
- In your eyes, what do you feel is the meaning to life?
- When you dream about our future together, what do you see?
Conversation Starters About Goals And Dreams
Who doesn’t love hearing about their partner’s dreams and goals? These couple conversation starters are all about getting to the nitty gritty about what is really important to your other half and hopefully helping you know where you can support them in achieving these big goals!
- Where is somewhere you would love to live one day?
- What is your dream industry to work in?
- Where do you see yourself settling down at retirement age?
- What is the top goal you HAVE to achieve?
- As a kid, what did you want to be when you grow up? Have you achieved this, or when/how did the goal change?
- What unconventional way would you like to live one day? (houseboat, tiny home, etc)
- What is the top ‘adventure’ activity on your bucket list?
- What are the top 5 countries you want to visit?
- If you could choose a hobby as a career, what would it be?
- If you could have 3 wishes, what would you wish for?
Travel Conversation Starters
Road trips are the perfect time to talk travel so these conversation starters about travel might have you planning your next adventure together and creating your ultimate couple’s bucket list!
- Where is somewhere you have always wanted to travel to?
- If money wasn’t a problem, what would a 4-week holiday look like for you?
- Where is your favourite holiday destination you have been to?
- What is the highest bucket list travel adventure?
- Would you rather a houseboat or motorhome holiday and why?
- What makes you pick a holiday destination? Food, scenery, activities?
- Do you prefer beach, bush or city for holiday destinations? Why?
- What destination would you pick for food?
- Where would you travel specifically for history or landmarks?
- Would you prefer to camp or stay in a hotel? Why?
Food Conversation Starters
Food, glorious food! Before you stop for your next road trip meal, why not chat about some of your favourite and not so favourite things to eat?
- What is your favourite food?
- What is a food that you hated as a kid but now love?
- If you could only eat 5 food for the rest of your life, what would you pick?
- What is your favourite camping meal?
- Do you prefer sweet or savoury?
- What is your favourite meal that I cook?
- What is the best cooking hack you use?
- If you had to eliminate one category of food from your diet (dairy, protein etc), would what it be?
- What is your go-to recipe?
- If you could be any food, what would you be?
Would You Rather Questions For Couples
Would your rather questions are a fun way of keeping things light and amusing with simple question comparisons. You might even like to make up your own versions once you finish these once since they are quick and easy to come up with and often hilarious!
- Would you rather only eat pizza or pasta?
- Would you rather have super strength or be able to fly?
- Would you rather camp in a swag, tent, camper trailer or caravan?
- Would you rather live in a houseboat or caravan?
- Would you rather live in the bush or at the beach?
- Would you rather swim with crocodiles or sharks?
- Would you rather eat a spider or a cockroach?
- Would you rather live without an arm or leg?
- Would you rather skydive or bungee jump?
- Would you rather visit the snow or the desert?
Life Experience Questions
The experiences we have shape the person we become so why not explore some of those key moments in your partner’s life? These questions to ask your husband on a road trip or your wife will have you feeling deeply connected to your loved one.
- What is the achievement you are most proud of so far in your life?
- What is something in your life you wish was different?
- What is your most cherished childhood memory?
- What is your most unique family tradition?
- What are some of the most important things you have learned about yourself through your experiences in life?
- If you could go back in time and give your younger self one piece of advice, what would it be?
- What are the most meaningful traditions you have in your life?
- What are some of the ways in which you have grown and changed since we first met?
- What is the most difficult decision you have had to make?
- At what point in your life have you been the happiest?
Would You Ever Questions
Would you ever questions are often funny questions for couples who want to keep things light and entertaining. This can be a great way of getting to know your partner better too.
- Would you ever go scuba diving?
- Would you ever live in another country?
- Would you ever go skydiving?
- Would you ever go cage diving with sharks?
- Would you ever go on a hike blindfolded?
- Would you ever dance in the rain naked?
- Would you ever learn to fly a plane?
- Would you ever become a nomad?
- Would you ever give up your phone for a month?
- Would you ever camp under the stars?
General Conversation Starters For Couples
These general conversation starters for your spouse are fun and insightful questions to get you both thinking. These questions are great when you need a brain break too, to help keep everyone alert after hours in the car.
- What is your favourite joke?
- What TV show would you choose to live in forever?
- Which song would be your personal theme song?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose and why?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
- Pick one – being loved, respected or admired?
- When picking a destination for swimming, is your first pick the ocean or freshwater?
- What hobby would you love to take up?
- If you could travel back in time and witness any event in history, what would it be?
- What are some of the things that help you de-stress or relax after a long day?
We hope these conversation starters for couples have helped you make your road trip adventure more entertaining and memorable, even on the longest, most boring stretches of road! If you need more help planning a driving trip, be sure to check out this road trip planning guide.
You might also like these: